Thursday, March 26, 2020

Book Review | Crave by Tracy Wolff


Title: Crave

Author: Tracy Wolff

Expected Publication Date: April 7, 2020

Pages: 592

Audience: 14 and up

Genre: YA Fiction

Series: Book 1 of 3

Format: ARC

Find it here: Goodreads


Synopsis from Goodreads:


My whole world changed when I stepped inside the academy. Nothing is right about this place or the other students in it. Here I am, a mere mortal among gods…or monsters. I still can’t decide which of these warring factions I belong to, if I belong at all. I only know the one thing that unites them is their hatred of me.

Then there’s Jaxon Vega. A vampire with deadly secrets who hasn’t felt anything for a hundred years. But there’s something about him that calls to me, something broken in him that somehow fits with what’s broken in me.

Which could spell death for us all.

Because Jaxon walled himself off for a reason. And now someone wants to wake a sleeping monster, and I’m wondering if I was brought here intentionally—as the bait.


Review:

I got an amazing package from Entangled Teen accompanied with this book. There were so many goodies in it including some marshmallows and hot cocoa. Perfect for a novel centered around snowy Alaska. 

It's been a long, long, longgggg time since I picked up a book about vampires. I first started with the Twilight series, which I admit I enjoyed a lot. Then I read The Vampire Academy series and I loved that just as much. This novel arrived on my doorstep and it's the first vampire book I've read in years. I'm in love! The novel doesn't just center on vampires though. We've got werewolves, dragons, and witches a'plenty!

Grace shows up in Alaska, still reeling from the sudden and traumatic death of her parents. She's been whisked away from everything she's known and planted firmly in a brand new world. She quickly picks up on the fact that some things are just plain weird around this secluded school she now calls home.

We're quickly introduced to an awesome cast of characters. Not only is Grace a bad-ass, her crush is just as swoon-worthy as can be, her cousin and Uncle are amazing and super supportive. Grace makes other friends soon but she soon realizes she can't trust everyone she calls her friend...

Bonus points for an extreme amount of sexual tension!

The novel ends in a cliff-hanger and I'm already wanting the second book. This one isn't even actually out until April 7th of this year. Sad face.


No comments:

Comente ~