Saturday, March 16, 2019

Diary of a Murderer: And Other Stories by Young-ha Kim

Hello, everyone! I don't remember requesting this one but it showed up on my doorstep so I decided to pick it up. It's a collection of short stories so I knew I would finish it quickly even if I didn't like it.

The first story follows a murderer who ends up getting dementia years after he quits murdering.
I really enjoyed this one as it was a slow, horrifying buildup. The thought of losing your memories is terrifying. Alzheimer's creeps up on you before you know it, and its shown as such in this novella.

As for the other three short stories...I feel like I wasn't intelligent enough to understand the point of them. They were beautifully written, don't get me wrong! I just feel as if some things got lost in translation or maybe I really am just not smart enough to grasp the concept of why I was reading what I was reading.

The plot of them were decent and the characters interesting, I just...didn't get it. I don't know what else to say about it. I need a discussion group to open up so I can join and get different perspectives on this.

No comments:

Comente ~