Wednesday, October 31, 2018

A "There's Someone Inside Your House" by Stephanie Perkins Playlist!



Hey everyone! I have a routine when I wake up. I grab something to drink and sit down and read all of my e-mails that I missed.

When I opened the one I got from Wicked Reads, I was super excited. I was prompted to pick a candy and come up with something creative that I could post. I had no idea what book I would be receiving.

In my last post, I mentioned how much I loved Stephanie Perkins' book There's Someone Inside Your House. Well, lo and behold, I had a package waiting for me this morning. It was in a super cute pink bag as you can tell from the photo. This one is signed! It was fate, I swear.

It also came with some different pieces of candy, a popsocket that said "I have a WICKED TBR," and a card holder keychain for your license and any other cards you may have.

It's probably one of the coolest packages I've ever gotten so far in my few years of book blogging and I'm so happy to be a part of it! I chose to make a playlist that I feel would fit this particular book, so tune in for my picks below!

1. Avalanche by Leonard Cohen

The amount of suspense in this this song is insane. The composure of Cohen's voice while telling a horrifying tale will chill you to the bone.

2. Song of Joy by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

If you've never listened to this one before, I urge you to. It tells the story of a woman and her three children killed but the ominous statement at the end leaves room for you to draw your own conclusions on what happened.

3. I Love the Dead - Alice Cooper

If you've seen the video you'll know between Cooper's weird lyrics glorifying necrophilia and his facial expressions while singing, it makes for a weirdly fascinating song. "While friends and lovers mourn your silly grave, I have other uses for you darling.

No comments:

Comente ~