Monday, October 15, 2018

Goodreads Suggestions - How Well Does Goodreads Know You?

Hey everyone! I was browsing the book blog universe and found a post from Caitstiel's Book World and decided I wanted to give it a go as well! Feel free to join in, as I'd loved to see what other book recs Goodreads is giving to everyone!


 I really enjoy thrilers, YA, and fantasy. I'd say it reflects here. Based off of my "favorites" shelf, Goodreads came up with 23 recs. For my blog's sake, and yours, I'll show only the first five they came up with and let you all know if Goodreads recommended any I liked!


1. The Archived - Victoria Schwab

When I clicked on the cover to read the synopsis, the first line I read was "Imagine a place where the dead rest on shelves like books."
Okay...color me interested! Seems like a very interesting premise. I enjoy the fact that it isn't a subject matter that I've ever read before. Added to my shelf!

1/5 so far!

2. Wolf by Wolf - Ryan Graudin

I think I'll pass on this one. I tend to not like to read books about Hitler and that time era if I can avoid them. Unless it seems like a super interesting story told with passion and understanding, I probably most likely will not read it.
I can't say that this book doesn't have those things, but it seems like it's lacking in something that hooked me.
I may seek out a chapter or two online to see if I'd enjoy it.
The cover is sort of throwing me off as well. The colors don't sit well with me.
I know we can't judge a book by its cover, though. ;) Sometimes I can't help it!

1/5
3. The Winner's Curse - Marie Rutkoski

I love fantasy books with massive empires! It seems like something I'd enjoy. I see that it's a series of books so I can at least try the first one to see if I wanna read the others.

2/5 added to my TBR!

4. A Natural History of Dragons - Marie Brennan

This was an insta-add! Pffft, dragons? How could I pass up on that? Doesn't help that the illustrations seem cool and the cover is cute.

3/5 added!
5. Dreamer's Pool - Juliet Marillier

Hmmm...hard pass for me. Have any of you read it? If so, try to sway me below! The synopsis just didn't cut it for me at all.


3/5 isn't bad at all! I did look through the rest and only a few more caught my eye out of 23. I do know that I need to take advantage of the option Goodreads has to boost recs. I had no idea that this was even an option!
I am going to keep checking back because I deleted my whole TBR shelf to start new. There was over 500 books on it before I deleted it. Now I have maybe 10 on there.

If you have any book recs, I'd love to see them. I'm super into YA, thrillers, true crime, and mysteries like Sherlock or Nancy Drew.
Talk soon!

No comments:

Comente ~